Most Americans, especially those with children, love to turn their homes into a holiday winter wonderland complete with lights, stockings, door wreaths and music. This is especially in the living room, where the family spends most of their time.
There are so many ways to beautifully and simply decorate your living room for the holidays on a budget. I have a few tips to get you started. All of the items I am suggesting you use, can be easily purchased at your local Dollar Store, with the exception of the glue and glue gun.
So, first set your budget and write a list. Include:
– wrapping paper
– holiday arts and crafts
- A glue gun can be your best friend when decorating. Reason being, is when the glue cools it stays adhered to the object, yet, it is easy to remove. Start by attaching little red holiday bows around any mirrors that you have in your living room using your glue gun.
- Next, wrap your end tables with holiday wrapping paper to resemble gifts. If you do not have extra wrapping paper, simply use brown paper bags and the red ribbon. Make sure to tie the ribbon into a bow, so that it again resembles a gift.
- Purchase white, red or green candles at the dollar store — it’s a simple and affordable way to add to your holiday decor.
- Another way to beautify your living room is to purchase colorful garland to wrap your staircase railings.
- Another suggestion is to purchase colorful balls in the arts and craft section of the store. Put those balls into any clear vases or trays you may have in the living room. You can even buy assorted colorful wrapped candy to put into a clear bowls of any size around the living room.
- Finally, I have even found traditional holiday classic CDs at the dollar stores and discount stores. They’re songs that everyone knows and can sing along to.
Be creative, include the kids, play music and have fun this holiday season!!
Posted by Eve
Did you enjoy reading Decorating Your Living Room for the Holidays on a Budget? Well we enjoyed having you and would like to be friends!
Follow LovingOurHome’s Pins
This post contains affiliate links.