Here is a concept for a special and meaningful Valentine’s day with your love without breaking the bank. Everything suggested here will cost under $200 for both of you!
Step 1: Book a Hotel $100
This is the most expensive but most important part of your meaningful Valentine’s day by far: book one night in a hotel room. There’s something that’s just delightful about spending a night at a hotel instead of in your usual room or apartment.
There are now hotel booking apps that offer last minute deals, like Hotel Tonight. It’s so easy to find a room for $100 or less (even on V-Day). In fact, some sites offer special discounts for Valentine’s and other holidays at discreet but beautiful hotels.
With the Hotel Tonight app, you’ll receive $25 for signing up when you use the code NNONE9, so you just might find a hotel room for well under $100 including tax.
Step 2: The Decorations $25
Check in time for your hotel room will be around 3pm. Get there about an hour before that and try to check in early so that you’ll have more than enough time to decorate your room for your love. Keep it simple:
- 4 red balloons (two tied to either side of the hotel bed)
- A red comforter or satin sheet (if the hotel can’t provide, bring one of your own!)
- A red table cloth or runner (you can find these at the Dollar store) for your champagne and goodies)
- Rose petals shaped into a heart somewhere in the room (and some waiting by the bathtub)
- A wall sticker with a message of love (these can easily be peeled back off in most cases)
- A CD player or iPod playing soft and romantic, yet meaningful music (something like Beck’s Grammy award winning Morning Phase)
- If you want to step it up a notch, install a portable bed canopy with a red or white sheer curtain.
Step 3: The Feast $40
There’s no need to order room service and rack up a large bill. Just bring a delicious feast that you can eat on ice or at room temperature. Here are some ideas for a Valentine’s feast in your hotel room:
- Shrimp cocktail (find a large one at BJs Wholesale Club or Costco)
- A hero sandwich shaped like a heart (also sometimes available at a wholesale club)
- Deviled eggs
- Box or basket of candy / chocolates or cupcakes for you to share…
Step 4: The Bath Together $20
One of the most meaningful and special moments you’ll have together on Valentine’s Day is a lovely, warm bubble bath together in your hotel tub. When you’re both fed and satisfied, run a hot bath with relaxing, romantic soap (if your love has sensitive skin, make sure it is the right formula) and sprinkle the rest of your petals on top. Light a fragrant candle on a safe place on the sink and enjoy. Take this time to tell each other something that will bring you even closer. For example:
- What was the moment that you knew you loved this person?
- What were you thinking about each other when you first met?
- What is your favorite thing about your beloved?
Everything that happens after this point is up to you! Leave any and all negativity at the hotel desk. Have fun, be safe and love one another!
Posted by Jade
Did you enjoy reading Have a Meaningful Valentine’s Day for Under $200? Well we enjoyed having you and would like to be friends!
Follow LovingOurHome’s Pins
This post contains affiliate links.