I used to spend upwards of $50 per appointment to have my nails done with damaging acrylics. More for a gel nail treatment. An expensive but necessary step if I wanted to have pretty, strong, painted nails that lasted for at least a few weeks. A couple of years ago, I started to use gel press on nail kits as an alternative. They only cost about $10 per box, they’re easy to install (just add adhesive, press, and file), and they look almost exactly like a gel treatment at the nail salon. Here’s a recent installation of gel press on nails that I did:
I love my cats and want them to have the best when it comes to both food and water. Since I drink filtered water, I prefer to give my cats the same. A friend told me about the PetSafe Drinkwell Stainless Multi-Pet Fountain, which dispenses water to pets like a drinking fountain. Here is my quick review of this water fountain for cats.
– made of stainless steel (no toxic plastic carcinogens)
– holds 1 gallon of water that is filtered, making the water taste great
– multiple cats can drink water at the same time
– ability to adjust the flow of water
– ability to choose different streams
– replaceable filters (foam & carbon filters)
– water pump is fairly quiet
In the past year, I’ve dedicated more time and effort to exercising and eating healthy. I was researching the best ways to consume foods that provide me with natural energy and optimal health. The best way to accomplish that was to begin juicing. I found the Jack La Lane PJEB Power Juicer Express to be a decent fit for my immediate needs.
– affordable (can be purchased for under $100 — I got mine on sale for around $70)
– sleek design that fits in with the rest of your appliances
– claims to extract more juice than other juicers on market
– capable of handling a variety of fruits and vegetables very well, and no need to chop them very small
I was in desperate need of a fast-acting weed killer, like yesterday. I have family members who are allergic to bee stings. The problem with one variety of weed that was overgrowing on my grass was that it had a white flower that attracted bees everyday. After looking around for an affordable and proven product I gave Spectracide Weed Stop For Lawns a try. I’m glad I did, especially considering that many weed products on the product are hit and miss.
~ one gallon size container
~ easy to use sprayer
~ kills over 200 types of weeds (see full list here)
~ doesn’t harm or burn lawn in any way
~ results shown within 24 hours – fast acting
~ rain resistant
I sometimes struggle with unwanted hair on my face, neck and chin. I don’t like using razors because I don’t like the razor bumps, irritation and minor cuts. Plus, I would have to shave at least 2-3 times a week in order to maintain these areas. I heard about wax strips and wanted to give them a try. I found a product at my local pharmacy called the Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit — it’s for the face, eyebrows and bikini area.
– Plenty of strips (34 to be exact; 17 double sided strips in 3 different sizes)
– very affordable at around $5 per box
– strips can be cut to fix up your eyebrows or lip hair
– gets the job done quickly
I get dry skin — especially in colder weather. Most lotions are too thick or heavy and clog the pores. Worst of all a thick, heavy lotion makes my skin feel tacky and dirty. Other products are way too thin and within minutes my skin is dry and ashy again! I finally came across a really great skin care product on Amazon called Shea Body Butter with Hawaiian Kukui Extract made by Tree Hut that I like. It’s a little bit on the expensive side at $10 per jar, but it’s worth every dollar in my opinion.