I have been eating healthier for some time now. Yet, I wanted to add a protein drink/smoothie that I could consume in the morning that would give me energy to start my day. My old blender was subpar and couldn’t really process food down to a smooth consistency. I found the perfect replacement blender to accommodate all of my needs: the Magic Bullet NutriBullet High Speed Blender/ Mixer System. Now, I would not use any other blender, nor will I purchase an expensive smoothie from a juice bar again.
Lately I’ve been testing out an array of teas. I want to gain more energy in a natural way to help me get me through my long days that require a lot of thinking and writing. I’ve opted for energy drinks in the past, but they are full of caffeine, sugars and chemicals. Plus they are expensive to maintain on a smart budget.
So I tried a product called Yerba Mate Unsmoked Green Energy Tea. It can be consumed hot or cold (think of a summertime tea).
- certified 100% organic & sustainably grown with fair trade
- provides natural energy, raises metabolism, regulates appetite and aids in digestion
- full of necessary antioxidants, minerals, amino acids and b vitamins
- yerba mate’s main ingredient is mateine — it assists with mental and physical stimulation
- affordable (you can get 24 tea bags for about $4)
- quick steeping, strong and robust taste
Yerba Mate Unsmoked Green Energy Tea comes from the rain forest of South America and is the national drink in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. It’s not my favorite tea, but some days I have a craving for it. The only way I can describe it’s taste is “robust.” I do feel a little burst of energy when drinking it — especially after a couple of cups. The brew can be added to smoothies and other drinks for a quick antioxidant boost.
You’ve watched week after week as your friends, family and strangers braved the chilly weather and crowds to take care of their Christmas shopping. Now it’s getting closer to December 25 and you’re officially a last minute shopper! Here are a few affordable last minute Christmas gift ideas for the procrastinators out there:
Dollar Store Care Basket
Who doesn’t love browsing the aisles at the dollar store? Go in there, grab a pretty $1 basket and fill it with a mixture of the following items:
The best way to save money, ensure you’re getting the best deals and also track your spending is to have easy access to your receipts and coupons. Here are a few tips for how to organize coupons and receipts in your purse or bag.
1) Purchase a few coupon holders at your local Dollar Store to use for both coupons. When labeling your holder, arrange coupons by the general layout of the supermarket. For example, frozen food coupons together, aisle foods together and all household products together.
There are countless creams on the market that are very expensive and claim to be beneficial to your skin. But the irony is that some of them are full of chemicals and additives that can be harmful to your skin in the long run. There are a few must have natural beauty products that you should definitely have in your bathroom and use on a daily basis. Here they are:
1. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is an excellent face cleanser because it is a natural astringent with anti-inflammatory properties. Not only does it leave your skin clean but it also helps to minimize the size of your pores.
A good friend of mine came to me with a home designing dilemma. She needed to affordably transition her child’s bedroom to the “next level.” She had a toddler’s bed in the room, which the child outgrew. She had a few requirements for upgrading her child’s bedroom:
– it has to be a room that a child can enjoy for years to come (that way it doesn’t have to be upgraded again for a while)
– it has to be capable of entertaining play dates and sleepovers